2019 Employment Regulations Are in Place! Employers Must Be Compliant or Face Fines and Penalties in Future Audits! Are You Ready?
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP, HR Compliance Solutions, LLC-Compliance Advisor, is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer for HR Compliance Solutions, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico, and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing these laws will determine how Employers will survive strict fines and penalties as well as create a robust risk management strategy for their workplace.
Here are just some of the workplace regulation topics impacted between 2018-2020. How many of these issues are you aware have regulations tied to them?
- Paid/Unpaid Leave
- Transgender Restroom Requirements and Gender Equity and Expression Guidelines
- Pay Equity and Pay Discrimination
- Criminal Background Checks and New Decision Matrix Requirement
- Immigration Changes and How Your Workplace Responds to Trump’s Immigration Restrictions
- Sexual Harassment, Workplace Harassment and Violence in the Workplace
- Marijuana and the Challenges posed by Drug and Substance Abuse Testing
- Leave of Absence Challenges with American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Wellness Programs
- New EEOC Guidance on Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Wage Deduction Restrictions
- Federal Contractors New Regulations
- Reasonable Accommodations Requirements
- More Federal, State and Local Regulations……………………..
- Learn how regulatory agencies develop their enforcement priorities so you can prepare more effectively
- Learn which regulatory agency enforces the workplace regulation in your state
- Federal regulations are still a focus for Employers. Ensure you have all Federal regulations in compliance
- See what regulations can impact your budget if you do not comply
- Learn how policy development can save thousands of dollars
- Develop a tracking process to confirm all the regulation which impact your organization
- Manage multi-state poster compliance and workplace compliance
- Learn what workplace regulation trends are impacting laws developed by Employer and Employee Centric States
- Learn which local laws and ordinances supersedes the Federal and state laws
- Learn how remote employees can be a headache or an effective way to manage regulations
- Learn how checklists and free tools can be part of your strategic risk management plan
- Learn which free resources are available to mitigate workplace compliance
- Much, much more best practices and compliance alerts…………….
Course Level - Basic/Fundamental
Who Should Attend
- Business Owners
- HR professionals
- Office Managers
- Facilities Managers
- Workplace Compliance professionals
- Professionals responsible for paid and unpaid leave management
- Any person wanting to keep up to date with workplace regulations and not pay fines and penalties
Why Should Attend
Employers must get prepared for all the employment regulations scheduled to be effective January 1, 2019, and throughout the 2019 year. The Department of Labor (DOL) has increased its efforts to audit companies who have not updated their policies & workplace regulations. Not only are the many new workplace laws that will impact Employers, but also those laws that were effective in 2017-2018 but Employers were not aware. Employers with multi-state locations are more than ever at risk for non-compliance of regulations unless they develop a process to coordinate workplace required posters, new hire communication required, wage increases, transgender restroom obligations, paid leave regulations per state, regulations, and requirements for terminated employees and regulations for federal contractors.